Join us on Linkedin
Contact Us P: 403.237.8622
1. What positions does Genesis place?
- We place our candidates in the areas of Engineering and Geoscience. These include senior technical and management positions. Our engineering placement includes Reservoir, Exploitation, Business Development, Production, Operations, Safety, Drilling and Completions. Our Geosciences placement includes Geology, Geophysics and Petrophysics. We also place land and gas marketing.
2. What is the Genesis process?
- Part of our process in all searches is to talk to as many stakeholders as possible to ensure that we have a comprehensive understanding of all the issues related to the position.
- Working with the client company, we generate a job description.
- Our database has been built on 30 years of recruitment, connections, industry resources and market intelligence.
- Genesis believes in direct sourcing rather than relying on advertisements or website response to fill positions. We target where and who we want to recruit.
- We are continually “headhunting” which means there will be hundreds of person-to-person contacts made via phone and email by Genesis recruiters.
- Screening through phone and in-person interviews with high potential candidates is conducted on an on-going basis.
- We meet with candidates and thoroughly assess their needs and aspirations as well as their qualifications.
- The depth of knowledge accumulated when you specialize supports our ability to assess a candidate correctly.
- Our maturity tells us we do not always know what we don’t know, therefore when needed, we enlist external professional resources like CounterPart Match.
- Our extensive database and relationships enable us to tap into a large referencing pool. Comprehensive background checks are completed to ensure the integrity of every hire.
- Both client and candidate will be well informed of each other’s needs to ensure the transition from offer to acceptance is a smooth one.
- Written progress is provided throughout the search.
3. What is the benefit of working with a retained search firm?
- A Retained Search is a complete market search which results in the best candidates for your position, not just the first, most active candidates. This gives you more confidence in your hire.
- We guarantee we will stay focused on filling your position without bias or conflict.
- You have paid us an engagement retainer, therefore, it enables us to provide a deep and exhaustive search.
4. What is the difference between working with a retained search firm and a contingent based one?
- This is best answered by an article published by AESC. (link to the article you have on the last page in Articles.)
5. How does Genesis find candidates?
- Genesis sources candidates directly.
- Genesis does not rely on advertisement or website response.
- Our 30 year database combined with our market intelligence gives Genesis an extensive network to draw on for the best hire.
- Genesis research entails diligent tracking of industry activity and the people in it.
6. Does Genesis guarantee its work?
Genesis’ guarantee is one year.
How can we help you today?