1. What does Genesis place?
- We place our candidates in the areas of Engineering, Geoscience, Finance, and Land. These include Non Executive Professionals and Management positions. Our engineering placement includes Reservoir, Exploitation, Business Development, Production, Operations, Facilities, Safety, Drilling and Completions. Our Geosciences placement includes Geology, Geophysics and Petrophysics. Our Land placement focuses on Negotiators and Contracts people.
2. Why doesn’t Genesis list jobs?
- Even if we don’t have the right job now, there is a good chance we will have the right fit for you in the future. We feel you are better served by discussing your next move with us rather than trying to fit yourself into a description.
3. How can I be sure my information will be kept confidential?
Genesis’ 30 year reputation has been built on good service and discretion. We take confidentiality seriously adhering to both PIPA and AESC standards. If you have questions about those standards or our policy. Please refer to www.AESC.org., click on About Us, then Standards and review the code of ethics that drives our practice.
4. How can I be sure you have my best interest at heart?
- It is in our best interest to place your best interests first – a good fit for you is a good fit for the employer and therefore good business for us – for now and in the future.
- We value long term relationships.
5. How did you find me?
- 30 years of extensive networking in our specialized areas has given Genesis the inside track in the oil and gas industry. We attend industry events, follow industry media and seek out the best through word of mouth and referrals. In addition, our track record of discretion combined with expertise makes us the “go-to” firm when good people are looking at expanding their teams.
- We have developed a reputation of finding good jobs with good companies.
- We are conscientious of the candidate experience. We want to make sure it’s a good one; whether we place you or not.
6. What kind of career guidance can Genesis provide?
- We know how to present your skills to your best advantage.
- With 30 years of experience, Genesis can assess if you should move or stay.
- We are with you through the entire placement process – comparing and helping you assess the new opportunity against your current situation and other avenues you may be considering.
- We can help you figure out what might be out there.
- We get to know you and consider the options and pathways you could pursue.
7. I am employed and not really looking for a new job. Should I return calls from a search firm?
- It is always in your best interest to return those calls. Let the recruiter know upfront that you are not currently looking for a new position but wanted to return the call.
- Genesis can provide you with information on current market conditions, salaries, bonuses, which companies are hiring, and how current and future trends might affect your situation.
8. What is the benefit of looking with a retained search firm and Why Genesis?
- The retained model allows us to spend time with you, to determine your best career move.
- Genesis has been in the business for 30 years and has a solid reputation for caring for its customers. We understand the “FIT” goes both ways.
- Be guaranteed that you will be one of only three to four candidates being reviewed for any position.
9. Why do you call your firm Genesis Executive when you place senior professionals as well as executives?
That is because the term “executive search” is a verb as well as a noun, meaning it defines a methodology as well as the level of candidate placed. Genesis works on a retained basis, is an advisor to the client company on hiring and a coach to the candidate on his or her next career move. In oil and gas our professional level candidate and those hiring deserve that type of service, not just senior level management.