1. What positions does Genesis place?
- We place our candidates in the areas of Engineering, Geoscience, Finance, and Land. These include Non Executive Professionals and Management positions. Our engineering placement includes Reservoir, Exploitation, Business Development, Production, Operations, Facilities, Safety, Drilling and Completions. Our Geosciences placement includes Geology, Geophysics and Petrophysics. Our Land placement focuses on Negotiators and Contracts people.
2. What is the Genesis process?
- Part of our process in all searches is to talk to as many stakeholders as possible to ensure that we have a comprehensive understanding of all the issues related to the position.
- Working with the client company, we generate a job description.
- Our database has been built on 30 years of recruitment, connections, industry resources and market intelligence.
- Our in house team continually updates the existing database and adds in new people from a variety of sources to keep it current and relevant.
- Genesis believes in direct sourcing rather than relying on advertisements or website response to fill positions. We target where and who we want to recruit.
- We are continually “headhunting” which means there will be hundreds of person-to-person contacts made via phone and email by Genesis recruiters.
- Screening through phone and in-person interviews with high potential candidates is conducted on an on-going basis.
- We meet with candidates and thoroughly assess their needs and aspirations as well as their qualifications.
- The depth of knowledge accumulated when you specialize supports our ability to assess a candidate correctly.
- Our maturity tells us we do not always know what we don’t know, therefore when needed, we enlist external professional resources. For example, we have relied on affiliates of the industrial Psychology program at the U of C.
- Our extensive database and relationships enable us to tap into a large referencing pool. Comprehensive background checks are completed to ensure the integrity of every hire.
- Both client and candidate will be well informed of each other’s needs to ensure the transition from offer to acceptance is a smooth one.
- Written progress is provided throughout the search.
3. What is the benefit of working with a retained search firm?
- A Retained Search is a complete market search which results in the best candidates for your position, not just the first, most active candidates. This gives you more confidence in your hire.
- We guarantee we will stay focused on filling your position without bias or conflict.
- You have paid us an engagement retainer, therefore, it enables us to provide a deep and exhaustive search.
4. How does Genesis find candidates?
- Genesis sources candidates directly.
- Genesis does not rely on advertisement or website response.
- Genesis’ 30 plus year database combined with our market intelligence gives Genesis an extensive network to draw on for the best hire.
- Genesis research entails diligent tracking of industry activity and the people in it.
5. Does Genesis guarantee its work?
Genesis’ guarantee is one year.
6. Why do you call your firm Genesis Executive when you place senior professionals as well as executives?
That is because the term “executive search” is a verb as well as a noun, meaning it defines a methodology as well as the level of candidate placed. Genesis works on a retained basis, is an advisor to the client company on hiring and a coach to the candidate on his or her next career move. In oil and gas our professional level candidate and those hiring deserve that type of service, not just senior level management.