Our client, a mid-size oil and gas exploration company has a strong asset base ranging from light to heavy oil.
Our client is seeking a full-time Operations Manager for its Calgary office. The Operations Manager will be directly responsible for overseeing all production operations from Calgary. The primary goals of the position are to maintain top quartile performance with respect to operational excellence relating to LOE, HSE and helping achieve corporate production targets.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Lead production operations for the company
- Supervise the Field Superintendent and ensure alignment with respect to achieving corporate targets (Production/ Op Ex / HSE).
- Improve / Optimize performance of existing operations and facilities
- Monitor daily production and ensure budget volumes are being met
- Work closely with the Field Production Superintendent to ensure Operations are being managed safely and efficiently.
- Work closely with Production Accounting to address any measurement and metering issues.
- Field visits will be expected every 4 – 8 weeks to meet with Field Sup/Foreman: Production Target Reviews, Op Ex Review, opportunity/optimization review and HSE review.
- Provide operational support to Calgary Production/Facility Engineers/Technologists relating to capital projects and address operation concerns.
- Work closely with Field Sup/Foreman on developing yearly Op Ex budgets and Op Ex targets
- Review daily production reports with the Field Superintendent to ensure consistent/accurate reporting.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 20+ years’ experience.
- Extensive surface operations background
- Strong optimization and facilities experience
- Field experience necessary, preferably with both conventional and heavy oil producing assets
- Shallow Gas experience would be an asset
- Excellent PVR/FDC(equivalent) skills are a must
- Prior experience as a Foreman or Superintendent
- Prior Supervisory experience / Proven leader
- Technical Diploma would be an asset
- Collaborative approach – good relationship skills
- Independent thinker and ability to execute independently
- “Hands on management” – able to generate own reports and secure necessary data without administrative support
- Thrives in a “fast, nimble, flat, aggressive team”
- Ability to work collaboratively with office and field personnel “Open door policy”
- Comfortable working in a professional office environment
At time of interview, a detailed account of the company and culture will be discussed.
If you have the necessary background and qualifications and would like to apply for this position, please forward your resume to Genesis Executive at [email protected] along with the words “Operations Manager opportunity” in the subject line of your email.