Our client, a mid-size oil and gas exploration company has international oil and gas assets at variable stages of maturity that range from exploration through appraisal of discoveries to mature field development.
Our client is seeking a Contract Reservoir Engineer for its Calgary office to work with an interdisciplinary team responsible for the company’s international hydrocarbon assets. The major responsibility for this position will be to maximize the recovery potential and value of assets through the technical evaluation, recommendation and execution of exploration, exploitation and development opportunities.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Work with the interdisciplinary team to prepare and summarize technical recommendations and move them forward to economics, approval and project execution
- Document all technical work with clear and concise written recommendations, including proposals and look-backs
- Gather consensus amongst technical and operational team members and present project recommendations to management
- Impart information to the international office particularly the operations group
- Assess, monitor and optimize the recovery of hydrocarbons for the company’s core assets
- Optimize total field development including number of wells, well placement / spacing, and rate and reserve forecasts for facility design and marketing purposes
- Provide evaluation work to support drilling opportunities including productivity, reserves, costs, and risk assessment. Coordinate well placement with team members as it relates to spacing requirement, surface considerations, drilling limitations and pool management.
- Identify and provide recommendations on the completion and workover of new and existing wells, working with the technical and operations teams to recommend and execute programs
- Incorporate geomodelling and reservoir simulation learnings to impact field development planning
- Identify opportunities for exploitation including studies, simulation, lab work, formation evaluation and testing, drilling, completion, workovers, secondary and tertiary recovery, and pool management
- Maintain and ensure the accuracy and integrity of the production and reserves within the assigned areas of responsibility
Qualifications and Experience:
- B.Sc. Engineering
- Professional Engineering designation from APEGA required (P. Eng.)
- 15+ years industry experience (majority with an operating company)
- Well versed in Reservoir and Development / Exploitation Engineering
- Strong technical Reservoir Engineering skills (pressure transient analysis, reserves evaluation, economic and risk analysis)
- Background in production forecasting and well testing
- Major or Senior company training an asset
- Experience in conventional oil and / or gas assets
- Proficiency in the application and use of engineering and industry software packages (OFM, simulation software, well testing packages, economic software, MS Office products)
- Solid project and team management skills
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to travel internationally
- Strong commitment to teamwork communication and continuous improvement
- Ability to effectively coordinate competing priorities and meet deadlines
- Innovative, self-sufficient and motivated to bring team proposals to management
At time of interview, a detailed account of the company and culture will be discussed.
If you have the necessary background and qualifications and would like to apply for this position, please forward your resume to Genesis Executive at firstname.lastname@example.org along with the words “Reservoir Engineer opportunity” in the subject line of your email.